Curitiba Temple

Curitiba Temple

Monday, September 29, 2014

Walking in Sunlight, Proverbs 3:5, and President's Plan for Keeping Sisters Ramsden and Pereira Together Longer!!

Hey family! How are you all doing? Sorry we couldn't write yesterday. Momma's birthday is Brazil's Independence Day, and everything was shut down yesterday. Happy birthday, Momma!! I love you!

So my transfer guess was off. Sister Pereira and I are still here together in Fazendinha! Hallelujah! I don't know what I would do without her. Last week we had interviews with President Fernandes, and he called the two of us in at the same time which was a big surprise. He told us he really wanted to keep us together, so he thought up a brilliant plan. He proposed that I would become Sister Training Leader but Sister Pereira would still be senior companion in our area, and he asked our opinion. We were a little confused with us both being seniors, but we agreed with the idea! So the transfer call wasn't really a surprise Sunday.

I can't even say how grateful I am that I'm gonna stay with Sister Pereira as I get used to being STL all by myself. I'm feeling a bit of weight on my shoulders already, but I know Heavenly Father will help me. I only have 3 companionships to take care of, and I already love them all! Love makes everything easier :)

This week, we set a baptismal date with Rosicler! She was a referral from the bishop's wife, went to church for the first time Sunday, and accepted baptism with no hesitations! We're also teaching two couples who need to get married before baptism, but we're working on that, and they're super excited! There's also a girl who just got home from her mission last week whose mom isn't a member, and we're teaching her and there's no doubt she'll be baptized too!

I have no doubts that this gospel is true. It's the only way that we can get back to our Father's presence and live together forever as a family. I feel such a desperation to help these people understand these things, but unfortunately many people don't get it. But fortunately many do! Still seeing miracles :) I love you all so much, and I feel so blessed to have you in my lives and to know that we will be together forever according to our faithfulness. Stay strong and stay happy and healthy, loves!



Hey family! Sorry things changed up a little and we ended up emailing today. This week was really good!

Marcos is gonna be baptized this Saturday, and Manoel and Bianca the next! Let me tell you the miracle that happened with Manoel and Bianca. Bianca is Maria Antônia's daughter and Manoel is her husband. So we set a date with them once, but it fell cuz Manoel didn't go to church one Sunday. So we re-set it, but they weren't super serious about it. One day, the elders were gonna teach for us cuz we already had another appointment, but it didn't work out that way. We got the lesson plan they had made and we were gonna teach it, but we felt like the elders should. So this week it finally worked out! They went there to teach, and it was exactly what Manoel and Bianca needed to feel more solid about their baptism.

On Tuesday, Bianca had won a prize at a church activity. Wednesday, Manoel asked her if she was gonna be baptized and she said she didn't know. So she said a prayer and grabbed a scripture card that she had won. The scripture was Proverbs 3:5. She took that as an answer that she needed to trust God more, but she didn't fully understand what it meant. She set the card aside and was determined that sometime she would figure it out. When the elders went over to teach them on Friday, they used that same scripture, and Bianca felt a burning in her chest that she couldn't deny was an answer from God.

Now she is super excited to be baptized, but Manoel was a little iffy. Yesterday was ward conference, and seriously everything was directed to him. He himself said that he felt like everyone was talking directly at him. He's still not super solid, but he says he's "pretty sure" he'll get baptized too, with Bianca, on the 11th. Miracles!!!

Sister Pereira and I are determined to make our last 3 weeks together the absolute best. Heavenly Father is so good. I know He loves us and will always provide for us when we ask, seek, and knock. The Church is true, I don't have a single doubt. I love you all so much, and I'm so happy that we have an eternal family. Have a wonderful week, loves!


All my love,

Sister Ramsden

No comments:

Post a Comment