Curitiba Temple

Curitiba Temple

Monday, September 16, 2013

Robitussin, Retainers, and Steak and Potatoes

Oi familia!

How is everone? I miss you all sooo much. Thank you for the letters and the package! The Robitussin has really been helping my throat! Did you get my package? I hope you didn't get too excited haha. I forgot to add that I would love it if you found Melissa's burned CD with Christ's picture on the front in my room somewhere and uploaded that music! Thank you so much!!

This was kind of a rough week, I won't lie! We had three appointments who weren't home when they said they would be. That was hard. But, with every hard week that we endure faithfully, the Lord will bless us. Like yesterday! The Smythe family in our ward is so solid. We love spending time with them. And they have given us two referrals! One of them is M*****a, their neighbor who they had a four hour long gospel conversation with, and she loved everything they taught her! So we met her last night, and she is SO prepared to accept the gospel! It was so cool to see how excited she is about it after that one conversation. She's been telling her whole family about it! She's already a missionary and we haven't even taught the first lesson yet! We are beyond excited to work with her.

On top of that, two investigators that we've been working with set baptismal dates! A*a is from Guatemala and was baptized at age 19 but never confirmed. Now, about 20 years later, her 18 year old son has been baptized, and she has been re-investigating. It's been a struggle getting her to stop drinking coffee and start coming to church more regularly, but she's been coffee-free for over a week now and we called her at 6:30 am yesterday to remind her to come to church, and she was there! So she will be baptized on September 28th.

K**a is 9 and her whole family has been baptized, but her mom wanted to make sure she fully understood what the church was all about, so we've been teaching her. She has ADD, so it's been fun coming up with ways to engage her more fully into the lessons. She loved our Plan of Salvation pictures, and we set a date with her for October 11th! Good stuff is going on here. We are very excited.

Sister MacDuff and I have been thinking a lot about the Family Proclamation, so I want to invite you all to read it and really ponder it's teachings. It really is a blessing in our lives!

Momma, you had some questions.
1. I wear my retainers almost every night. Like at least 5 nights a week.
2. Sister MacDuff and I workout every morning (but Sunday) from 6:30-7:00. Our apt complex has a gym with treadmills and weights and other machines.
3. Transfers are 6 weeks long. This transfer ends on October 14th.
4. The people here really love their steak and potatoes lol. I try to eat more fruit and veggies, but it's hard when I can't control what the members feed us! Sister MacDuff is embracing it, I'm having a harder time lol. I've definitely gained a few pounds since I got here. Not very noticably, but I'm praying it melts off in Brazil!

Anywho, I love you all so so much. I hope you are all doing very well. I miss you and pray for you every day. Write to me soon <3

Love,
Sister Ramsden

No comments:

Post a Comment