Curitiba Temple

Curitiba Temple

Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Swinging an Ax, Pink Chemical Beads, and I Highlighted My Hair!

Dear family!

I hope you got the picture I just sent. I highlighted my hair! I'm not sure what possessed me to do that. But I really like it! Anyways, this week was pretty average. It started out really slow, but it ended well! We got to get in our jeans and do some service this week, which is always awesome. Especially because the weather was nice for a few days! I got to do things I'd never done before! On Tuesday, we went to Sister Rayburn's house and fertilized her yard with these pink chemical bead things. And on Friday we went to the Tiede's to help them tear apart the shed that got smashed by a tree in the ice storm. I got to use an ax and a sledgehammer! It was fun. We love doing service because it gets us out of our normal routine, but it just makes us feel good. We put quite a dent in that shed, the five of us working together. Definitely more than Brother Tiede could have done on his own in the same amount of time. They do so much for us, so we want to do as much as possible to pay them back, even though they say we don't need to.



We finally got to see S***i again after a long time! She's having a hard time with her dad, still, but other than that she seems well. We were able to meet her husband, R***y, too. We answered a lot of their questions, which was really good. And S***i brought up some of her concerns with joining the Church. The first is her fear of being immersed in water, but she said she'll get over it. The other thing came up yesterday when she offered us coffee or tea. We taught her about the Word of Wisdom, and she had a hard time understanding why it's bad for us to drink those things. We just bore testimony of prophets and how we sometimes don't have to understand the things that God commands us to do because we don't see the big picture, but He does. So she recognized also that she could overcome that challenge, but it may take more time. But we have faith in her! She is amazing.

I can't believe there are only two weeks left in the transfer! Time seriously just flies by. It's amazing. My predictions for transfers aren't super solid, but we're thinking I will stay in Martinez (we pronounce it right since the Spanish branch joined us ;)) for one more transfer, but we're not totally sure if Sister Drollinger will stay, too. Stranger things have happened! I love you all so so so so so much!!! You are amazing individuals. I love the gospel, and I know it's true with all my heart. Have a wonderful week, loves!

Your number one,

Sister Kashmir Janae Ramsden

No comments:

Post a Comment