Curitiba Temple

Curitiba Temple

Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Sunshine, Sister Drollinger, and the Yellow Shirts!

My dear family,
>
> I hope y'all had a great week! I just want you to know how much I love you. I feel so blessed to have your support and love. What brings me the greatest happiness is the knowledge that we have that we are sealed together for eternity. That is such a huge blessing that our Heavenly Father has given us! I love you all so so much.
>
> Well, I'm sure you received an e-mail from Sister Spencer with the picture she took of me and my new companion, Sister Drollinger! She's been out for 4 and a half months, and she last served in Savannah, which is where Sister Evans is now! I sure miss our old district. We all just clicked and had so much fun together. But everything absolutely happens for a reason, and I know we will learn to love our new district and that we will grow together. Exciting times! Sister Drollinger and I really started off the transfer with a bang by meeting with a lot of our investigators, setting up appointments, and working hard. It was a good week! It was nice and sun-shiny, so no more tights and boots and jackets, and lots of water. I seriously felt like I couldn't drink enough water! The sun felt so nice though, after being cold for so long.
>
> On Saturday, we had the opportunity to get on our yellow shirts again and help the elderly and disabled clear fallen limbs from their yards. This time, it was announced by the county, and the majority of participants were actually non-members! It was awesome seeing everyone get together for such a great cause. Between 9 and 5 that day, somewhere around 300 houses were served. It was amazing.
>
> We had contact with S***i during the week, who was in Pennsylvania for business. She wasn't able to make it to church yesterday because of her flight, but she had us over for lunch, and we taught the Plan of Salvation with one of my good member friends here, Lawana. S***i's beliefs were already pretty similar, but if there was any difference, she immediately put it aside and accepted what we taught to be truth. She has such a desire to know the truth and do what Heavenly Father wants her to do! I feel so blessed to have met her.
>

What happened to our house. It got fixed this week!

> This area has been hard for our entire zone, so we have all been praying for success, and I know those prayers have been heard and answered. If there's anything I've learned, it's that Heavenly Father cares about our needs so deeply. Even the tiniest little thing like food cravings. He knows what our needs and desires are, and as long as we're obedient and faithful, He will fulfill our needs in His own way and time. I have felt His arm unfailingly around me in times of need. I pray that you will seek out and feel His love for you, cuz it is so real, and we have every right to accept it into our lives.
>
> I love y'all so so so so much! I hope that you have a wonderful week at school, work, church, etc. You're wonderful people. Take care, and write soon. <3 >
> Love always,
>
> Sister Ramsden

No comments:

Post a Comment