Curitiba Temple

Curitiba Temple

Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Contour Pillows, Electrode Therapy, and I MADE IT SAFELY TO BRAZIL!!!

Hey family!

Well this has been the most interesting week of my whole mission! On Tuesday, we all drove down to the transfer meeting together. It was really weird not having my name come up with a new companion. It was even weirder literally not having a companion at all at the end of the meeting. I didn't quite know what to do with myself!

I know that President Cottle called you when they set my flight up for tomorrow, but I don't know how much he told you about what I would be doing until then. So I kind of got paired up with Sister Cole, the mission nurse, and her husband. The rest of Tuesday, we didn't really do much. Wednesday morning we went to the gym at their apartment complex and I biked, which actually didn't hurt like I thought it would. We had set up an appt with a chiropractor, so we saw him. He took more x-rays and was very concerned about the curve in my neck. I told him that I have scoliosis, so that curve wasn't new. But he asked me to get a contour pillow and try to sleep on my back so that curve can get corrected. So I've been doing that and it's been working pretty well. I also did electrode therapy Wednesday-Friday at the chiropractor's. I know it was supposed to relax my muscles, but I don't know exactly how it was supposed to help.

An incredible blessing was being able to spend a bit of time at the Cottles'. They have a tub with jets that Sister Cole wanted me to soak in, so I was able to do that a few times last week. And I got to meet Sister Cottle's sweet 90-year-old father and talk with them all. President Cottle and I spent some time speaking Portuguese. We all grew so much closer with the time we were blessed to spend together. When we decided that I needed to come to Forsyth with the sisters here, President Cottle was sad to have me leave. He said he had to remind himself that I am a missionary, even though I feel like his daughter. I feel so blessed to have had that time with the Cottles. It makes it harder to leave, though. But I'll see them again!

Anyways, my leg is doing so much better! I can walk a lot better than I could even two days ago. President Cottle is confident that I will be able to handle the MTC. He said he would be a bit more nervous if I was going straight into the field. I know he's right. And I know it's time for me to go to Brazil. It's really hard to leave this mission, but I trust Heavenly Father so much. I am grateful for the time that I've had in this mission. Everything is in His hands, and I trust Him! Whatever happens is what's meant to happen. Thank you for your prayers and love. I hope you have a great week! I'll be calling from the airport tomorrow, from a cell phone before I enter the gate. That'll be around 3pm your time. I'll call around until I get someone. I love you all so much! And happy birthday, Daddy!!! Have a wonderful week. I'll talk to you tomorrow :)

Love,

Sister Ramsden



Hey family!!!

They gave us a minute to e-mail home today, so just wanted to let you know that I made it safely to Brazil! It is so surreal being here, in a different country, speaking a different language. It's actually pretty amazing. I know I fought it because I loved Georgia so much, but I know that this is where Heavenly Father wants me to be. My leg continues to heal, and I am being well-taken care of here at the CTM. My companion is Sister Hammill, who was in my zone back at the Provo MTC! And our roommate is a native Brazilian who speaks absolutely no English. But she is patient with us as we try to understand her and communicate in broken Portuguese. I can't believe I'm here! This is crazy. The plane ride was a bit rough. 9 long hours, and I really couldn't sleep. Probably a combination of my mind going in overdrive and not being very comfortable. So I'm running on very little sleep right now. It's gonna be a long day, but I'll push through it and everything will work out great. Anyways, know that I love you all so so much!! I pray that all is well with you. Have a wonderful week, and don't forget to write. :)

Love,

Sister Ramsden

No comments:

Post a Comment