Curitiba Temple

Curitiba Temple

Monday, May 12, 2014

Mother's Day Skypes, Burns, and One-week Delays.



Dear family!

It was so good to see your beautiful faces yesterday! The time flew by, that's for sure. Thank you for helping me be obedient, even though we all wish it could've lasted longer. I'm sure it was a wonderful Mother's Day gift to see the burns I received from the car accident. I just want you to know how much I love you and that I am so sorry that happened. All I know is that Heavenly Father has a divine plan, and that must have been in it. It was a blessing to be able to call home three times in the last week, even though the circumstances weren't super ideal! It was wonderful to be able to hear your voices and to tell you myself that I'm okay. Thank you for the love and for the prayers.

I can't tell you how miraculously and how rapidly we are recovering. It is truly a miracle of God! I can walk much better today than before. My left leg is still incredibly sore and full of bruises, but I have been so well taken care of. Sister Jackson serving in the other ward is an EMT, and Sister Van Dyke's father is a physical therapist. So they have been helping tend to my ailments. Sister Waddoups is incredibly helpful, always looking for somethings she can do to be of help to me. I sat in a chair and directed her in the packing of my suitcases, which are miraculously under 50 pounds, and everything is fitting beautifully.

I received a powerful priesthood blessing from President Cottle when he and Sister Cottle visited me in the hospital. All four elders, Elder Robbins, Elder Moyo, Elder Hunsaker, and Elder Seedall, were able to participate. I know that my speedy recovery is a result of that beautiful blessing as well as all the prayers that have been said on my behalf. I can't even begin to express my gratitude for the Cottles and the elders for all they have done for me. I know I keep talking about this, but it just blows my mind that the elders stayed with me at the hospital for six hours. They sang hymns for me (which they never do!), they read the scriptures for me, they made me laugh, they made me cry. They are absolutely stellar individuals, and I will forever be grateful to them.

I love Heavenly Father so much! I know it's easy for us to be confused or frustrated when plans change, but I know there is a reason that these things have happened. There's a reason that my flight is being delayed until next week, there are reasons for everything, even when we don't understand them. I trust my Father with everything that I am. He knows me and loves me so much more perfectly than I or anyone else does. I know these things are true! My testimony of them is so strong. I love my Father, and I hope I can always be worthy to accept and do His will.

I love you all so so much! I told Mom earlier to just write the mission office if you need to send something. I'll be in Macon recovering for the next week or so. I hope you have a wonderful week. <3

All my love,

Sister Kashmir Janae Ramsden

No comments:

Post a Comment