Curitiba Temple

Curitiba Temple

Monday, April 28, 2014

Tornadoes, Getting Organized, and "Now that I've made you emotional..."

Minha querida familia!
(How's my Portuguese?)

I hope you all had a wonderful week. Just to clarify, there wasn't an actual tornado in Evans, Georgia this week. But one went through my suitcases, that's for sure! I've been tearing my things apart, making list after list, trying to get organized physically and mentally as I prepare to leave for Brazil. Add to that load going on exchanges almost every day this week, and there's another tornado! Sister VanDyke and Sister Eggett both had doctor's appointments the same day, but one was in Warner Robbins, so we had an exchange so they could both make their appointments. I feel like I haven't seen my companion all week! This was seriously the craziest week of my entire mission. Crazier than the ice storm! But I'm happy to say that the sisters have gotten the medical care they needed, and they are doing so much better today. Also, shout out to worthy priesthood holders! It's amazing to know that we have the ability to call someone at any hour of the night, and they will find a companion, put on their suit and tie, and come give a blessing. I love the priesthood!! So I'm just taking things a day at a time, working hard to not get overwhelmed. And I think I'm handling everything pretty well! Thank you for your prayers, they are seriously felt. There's no way I could've gotten through this week without some added strength from my Heavenly Father.

On Tuesday we had our Zone Conference combined with the Augusta Zone (my last one here :( ). It was amazing. President Cottle asked us each to prepare a short talk on a conference talk, and he would ask a few people to share theirs throughout our meeting. Before we broke for lunch, he got up and said they were going to announce a transfer that would take place and told everyone I had received my visa. Then he asked me to share my talk ("Now that I've made you emotional..."). So I spoke about President Monson's talk about love. And of course I cried in front of everyone! But we had an awesome training from one of the Assistants about expecting to baptize. He talked about how we know that baptism is necessary, so we shouldn't be afraid to extend the commitment to be baptized. He gave me this new vision of looking at everyone we meet, knowing that they need to be baptized by the priesthood authority of God. It definitely helps us make our contacts more of a conversation and less of a "Here's a card, bye!" approach. I think we were glowing yesterday as we walked down the streets, because people were so much friendlier and more open than I've seen them in the last three months. Miracles do happen! Sometimes all we have to do is change our way of thinking.

I love you all to the moon and back! Seriously soooo much. Thank you for the advice. I'll definitely take everything into consideration as I continue making my lists and sending things off and buying things. I love you and hope you have a wonderful week! Let me know if there's anything I can do for you!

All my love,

Sister Kashmir Janae Ramsden

No comments:

Post a Comment