Curitiba Temple

Curitiba Temple

Saturday, August 31, 2013

Saturday P-Day to Start Packing

Oi familia!

As I am leaving the MTC on Monday, today is my P-Day so I can pack everything up and get all ready! Honestly, I'm not even nervous, which is surprising. I'm really excited to go to Georgia! And Sister Wilson is coming with me! She hadn't received her re-assignment yet when I e-mailed on Thursday. So, we're both going to the Georgia Macon mission! So excited.

Okay, I'm sure you're dying to know if we really did get a special speaker during Tuesday night's devotional. And the answer is yes! Elder Neil L. Andersen of the Twelve came to speak to us! He brought a former missionary who served years ago when he was a mission president in France. So we didn't actually hear a lot from him, but it was cool to see him! When the devo ended, we were informed that there was a thunderstorm outside, and we were at the Mariott Center on BYU campus, so we couldn't go back to the MTC yet. So Elder Andersen decided to come out and shake some hands. Well, he started walking up the aisle where I was sitting! He was shaking hands with sisters one row in front of me, and then he stopped to wave. So I didn't get to shake his hand, but I was literally two feet away from him! And he looked me straight in the eye and said "Stay dry out in that rain!" Feeling of his spirit just confirmed to me that he really is a prophet of God. His calling is divine, and he knows what we need to hear as missionaries of the church.

On Wednesday, we got two new districts! It's been a little overwhelming meeting with all the sisters every night now because there are so many of them! But it really has been a privilege and such a great learning experience to serve them. My capacity to love has grown so much through this experience. Sister Wilson and I will be released from our calling during Sacrament meeting tomorrow, and the new Sister Training Leaders will be sustained. They are awesome sisters and I know they will perform the work well! Also, one of our elders, the first ever in our whole district, got his visa on Wednesday! We are all so excited for him. If anyone was to get it, a lot of us hoped it would be him. He just has such a kind nature. He was our first District Leader and he really looked after us well and showed so much care for us. We know that the Lord has great plans for him and for all of us. Everything happens for a reason!

On Thursday, we had In-Field Orientation! It was basically one big workshop. We had a lot of speakers and did a lot of activities to help us become familiar with what we will experience in the field. It was a long day, but we learned a lot! I can't wait to be out there! We all got our re-assignments Thursday too! 5 are all going to Ohio Cincinnati, one to Ohio Columbus, one to Florida Jacksonville, one to Tennessee Nashville, one to North Carolina Raleigh, and two to South Carolina Colombia. We're all so close to each other! The Georgia Macon mission touches Jacksonville and Colombia, so we joke about waving from across the border haha.
Yesterday was our last day as a whole district, as our first left early this morning. During our morning class, we had a testimony meeting with both of our teachers. It's incredible how our love for each other grew so much in the short time we knew each other. We really just became a big family. I am so excited for all of them, and I will miss them! But I know that we all came here with the same purpose in our hearts, and our time at the MTC has only strengthened that purpose.

I'll arrive in Atlanta around 2:30 pm on Monday, and I'm not sure if I'll get to write again that day since it will be their P-Day or if I'll have to wait a week. Just know how much I love you all and how incredible proud I am of you for all you've accomplished while I've been gone. I pray for you every single day. Wish me luck in Georgia!!

All my love,

Sister Ramsden

No comments:

Post a Comment