Curitiba Temple

Curitiba Temple

Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Wixom, Yoga and STLs

Oi familia!!!

How is everyone?! I love you all so much! Thank you for your letters and for the package this week! I have been enjoying dry fruit all week. I can't say the chocolate lasted me that long :) This week has been a crazy one! I'm feeling much better than I was last week, though I still have a tiny bit of a sore throat. And now Sister Wilson is sick too! :( But getting better. We now have two investigators, and we started doing Training Resource Center. That means that we teach members of the church who are just themselves. So we teach them as members. It was a different experience. It's almost harder than teaching investigators because you don't know how much to ask them! But we'll be learning a lot from that.

This Sunday has to be the best day so far. We had Relief Society in the morning, and Sister Rosemary Wixom, General Primary President came to speak to us! She gave us really cool insights. She just radiates sunshine! It was awesome. Then, Sister Wilson and I had the opportunity to prepare a lesson about the importance of the Book of Mormon in our District meeting. Well, the 2nd counselor in the branch presidency, Brother Jackson, and his wife came too. And when class was over, he asked to speak with the two of us... Sister Wilson and I have been called to be Sister Training Leaders!! We are so excited. We were already sustained in Sacrament Meeting on Sunday, the former STLs left yesterday morning, and our responsibilities have begun! It really isn't a huge responsibility. We have meetings on Sundays and Tuesdays, and we visit all of our sisters (7 rooms worth!) every night before quiet time at 10:15. Our hearts have already grown so much, and we have received nothing but the greatest love and support, especially from our district. They really are so great. We have become like a big happy family! They call me their mom. But they do say I'm a cool one :) I taught them all yoga on Wednesday, and they loved it so much that they want me to teach them every week! It's cool seeing how the Lord has allowed me to use my talents and teach others. The Lord is blessing us so much!

I don't think I told you how visas work. So if someone in our district gets their visa by tomorrow, they get flown out to the Brazil MTC right away. If someone gets it any later than that, they finish the MTC here, then go to Brazil instead of getting a reassignment. So far, no one in our district has gotten their visa. I will continue to keep you posted on that!

Dad, you asked about choir. The Elders GREATLY outnumber the Sisters! And they sound phenomenal. We have an awesome director, Brother Egget. It's actually funny you should ask that this week. Cuz Sunday practice, he told us that this weeks Tuesday devotional would be broadcast to all the MTCs, and we all flipped! We have no idea who's coming, but the buzz is that it will be at least one apostle! Hopefully I can get on later tonight and tell you who it was! I love you all so much. Thank you for the love and support and prayers. I am so incredibly proud of you all. You are the best family in the whole world! Write soon. <3

Te amo para sempre,

Sister Ramsden

No comments:

Post a Comment