Curitiba Temple

Curitiba Temple

Monday, February 3, 2014

Snow!, Bottled Water, and Livin' Off of Peanut Butter Sandwiches!!

I don't know if y'all kept tabs on the weather here in Evans, GA last week, but it snowed!! It was super suspenseful all day Tuesday, cuz we knew that if it was precipitating and below 32 degrees outside, we were on lockdown. So we kept checking the temperature and looking out the window while we did our morning studies. One of the sisters from our ward stopped by with a case of bottled water in case our pipes froze, and we got text messages from other ward members making sure we had everything we needed. I've never experienced snow like this before, so I had no clue what to expect. But I was gonna take precautions and prepare for the worst! So we kept a faucet dripping and made sure we had food to eat in case the power went out (we decided to live off of peanut butter sandwiches), etc.



We went out to work at 1, like usual, still wary of the temperature and weather conditions. Well at 6 when our dinner time was over, sure enough it was below 32 degrees and we were on lockdown! Finally at almost 9pm, little white flakes started falling from the sky! The Elders made fun of me for saying I've never seen snow fall from the sky before haha. But it's true! It was such a cool experience. And the snow stuck! Since Georgians don't know how to drive in that weather, we were on lockdown until 4pm on Wednesday. I decided I love the snow! But I don't know if I could live in it... haha.

That was pretty much the most exciting thing that happened this week! We had a zone conference on Friday which was the best ever. President Cottle is just so inspired and so uplifting. We are so blessed to be placed under his direction and care. Most of the conference was missionary-centered, obviously. But one thing I want to share with y'all is something he said about fasting. Cuz it's super easy to complain about being hungry when we fast! So he told us that fasting helps us put off the natural man. Our physical body's needs get filled much more than our spirit, all too often. So fasting is a way of our spirit showing our body who's in charge. I really liked that, and it definitely helped me keep a positive perspective as we fasted yesterday.


Warner Robins district reunion!!! :) Elder Ecklof and Elder Clay are in the Augusta zone and Elder Pittard and I are in the Augusta zone

Y'all, this area is rough. But we're blessed with awesome members who are so proactive in sharing the gospel with the people they know and offering to help us in any way they can. And we're trying to keep our spirits high and our attitudes positive! Thank you for your love and prayers. I truly appreciate and need them. I love y'all so so much! More than you know. I hope all is well for y'all with school, work, callings, etc. Have a blessed week!

All my love,

Sister Ramsden

No comments:

Post a Comment