Curitiba Temple

Curitiba Temple

Monday, January 27, 2014

Milagres, Pain in the Neck, and "Just Trust Me"

(That's Portuguese for miracles ;)) This was a week of miracles! They may seem small and maybe of little significance, but they were incredible to be a part of.

Well, I told you last week that my neck was hurting. I'm not sure exactly what happened to it, but it was this sharp pain on the left side that shot down my whole arm. So that makes me think it was a pinched nerve or something. Well, the more I put heat on it and stretched it, the worse it felt. On Friday, it got so bad that I couldn't even turn my neck from side to side. It hurt to just hold my head up without support. I called the mission nurse, and she recommended taking advil and tylenol, which I had been doing a little bit. But I decided I really needed a blessing. I had done all I could do, and the pain was really inhibiting the work. On Saturday, our district was playing soccer with the youth, and I was sitting on the bench on the sidelines. I looked up at the sky, and in my heart I told Heavenly Father that I knew if I got a blessing, I would be healed. I just had this overwhelming feeling of love for Him and from Him. I am His daughter, and He looks after me. So I asked the Elders to give me a blessing.

We had stake conference that night, so we met beforehand, grabbed the ward mission leader, and they gave me a blessing. It was a beautiful blessing! Now, the pain didn't go away immediately. But my attitude changed a lot (the pain was making me cranky). The rest of the night, I was just filled with peace and happiness. I kept thinking of what position I should sleep in so that my neck could recover, and when I woke up the next morning, the pain was gone. At least the shooting pain down my arm was gone. My neck it still a little bit sore, but the pain that made it so I couldn't turn my head is gone. I have such a huge testimony of the priesthood. That testimony has been so strengthened the last few months. It literally is God's power given to men! And I love that there are so many men who are worthy to hold that power and exercise it in righteousness.

The other miracle happened early in the week when Sister Evans and I were tracting. We walk past this house, and she says to me "Let's come back to this one later. Just trust me." I don't like denying people of what may have been a prompting from the Spirit, so I trusted her instinct. We knocked the houses around it, and talked with a woman across the street from that house. She was very friendly, but already a church-goer and not super interested in our message. So we offered to serve her, which she also declined. But she pointed to the house across the street and told us a woman lived there with a young child, and her husband had just passed away unexpectedly. She told us we should visit her and see if we could serve her.

We walked across the street to that house and met a woman named E****n and her 8-yr-old son D***o. When she opened the door, we didn't introduce ourselves as missionaries as we normally would have, we simply told her we wanted to serve her in any way we could. She let us in and told us about her husband and said they had to move because she couldn't afford to support that house on her own. They're moving this Thursday, so we offered to get some strong guys over to help with the furniture and stuff. We exchanged phone numbers and taught her the blessing of eternal families. She said her and her husband were not very religious before he passed, but she felt like he had sent us to her. It was a miracle that Sister Evans didn't disregard the prompting she received. If we hadn't gone to the other house first, we might not have said what we did when we met Evelyn, and she might not have let us in like she did. You just never know! But I am a firm believer in miracles, especially after what we witnessed this week.

I love y'all so much! I hope all is well, that y'all are healthy and happy and that you can feel your Father's love for you. Cuz I know it is there always, no matter what. Write soon, loves :)

Love always,

Sister Kashmir Janae Ramsden

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh Kashmir, that's my cousin Kimberley!!!! :D Tell her Mariah says hi please!!!! So proud of you Kashmir!

    ReplyDelete