Curitiba Temple

Curitiba Temple

Monday, January 6, 2014

Speaking Like a Hick, Two Baptisms, and TO THE WHALES!!!

Can I just say, Christmas was the best ever! I LOVED seeing you all and hearing your voices and feeling your love. You're the best family ever! Thank you for your support. It means the world to me. It was so fun laughing with you and praying with you and crying with you. I am so blessed! So, in light of Summer Jade's suggestions, it sounds like I may need to adjust the content of my letters home? So tell me what it is that y'all wanna hear from me! I definitely want my letters to hold your interest and for you to enjoy them. Maybe send me some generic questions that I could think about during the week so I have more of an idea of what to tell you when I email. I love y'all and I wanna make you happy :) Something you did say, Summs, is that you wanna know more how I feel and something funny that happened. So I did some pondering and made a list of funny things that happened this week, but I left it at home by accident :( So I'll tell you what I remember.

We were reading scriptures with A. and E. last week, and A. is hispanic, right? So she has a hard time pronouncing some of the names. Like Laban was LaVAHN, and Lemuel was LemanUEL. So E. was getting all worked up about her pronunciation, and he decided she needed to speak like a hick in order to pronounce the names correctly. It was just really funny hearing him try to speak with a southern accent. Then, we met a lady living at this house of a guy we had met with before, and we had to assure her that we were not Jehovah's Witness. She was relieved and she said, "Good, cuz those Jehovahs... they be lurkin'" hahaha. I love the people here, they're awesome.

One more funny story. We were at the Eubanks' for dinner (I'm so glad you got to meet them! They're the best!!) and Allan laughed or something, and I was like "Allan, when did you get your braces off?" And he just paused and was like "...Were you even here when I had braces?" Then I asked when he got them off, and he said back in April. I wasn't even on my mission in April! We split our sides dying laughing! It was kinda embarrassing, but it was really funny. Later, I realized why I thought I'd seen him with braces. Cuz he reminds me a lot of Skyler, and Skyler has braces haha. It was awesome.

Well, Ana and Michelle were both baptized AND confirmed this week!! It was a little stressful cuz Elder Clay really wanted us to combine their baptisms, but they already had their programs made and stuff, but we wanted to follow his advice and respect his leadership, so we combined them. It was such a beautiful service! People cried when Ana was baptized (it's been a long time coming!), and Michelle bawled when she was baptized! I was so excited, I wanted to dance and sing and do cartwheels. It was the best feeling! I felt so blessed to be able to work with them. They're incredible ladies.

Transfer calls are Saturday at noon, and I'm really nervous. I literally have no idea what they're going to bring. But I trust that President Cottle is so close to the Lord, and he will know where we need to be. I know Heavenly Father has a divine plan for me, and I feel so blessed to have been placed in this mission as I wait for my visa. There is absolutely a reason for everything! I love y'all, and I'm grateful to have you as my family. Y'all are the best :) Have a happy New Year! Make a toast to the whales for me :) XOXO

Muito amor,

Sister Ramsden

No comments:

Post a Comment